Pages

Tuesday 9 June 2015

Dropping the 'F' Word and Your Undies {Having a Whinge} / Fair Dinkum


Every now and then it feels good to have a whinge. You know, something happens and you just need to get it off your chest. Someone cuts you off in traffic and then gives you the finger. You've just spent a small fortune to replace the clothes drier and the dishwasher decides to pack it in. It's taken you all afternoon to wash and hang out all the dirty laundry only to have your son clean his room and dump a whole lot more at your feet.

You know what I mean, right? The annoying, the frustrating, the exasperating and the downright infuriating things that happen that just make your day, Not! The things that have you pulling your hair out and wishing you’d stayed in bed. The things that leave you with your mouth hanging open in disbelief. The things that make you stamp your foot and drop the ‘F’ word.

I know I shouldn’t! It’s probably not the greatest thing to say but it just seems to tumble out the minute my frustration meter starts to climb. I know I should handle things better and remain calm, but sometimes you just have to ‘let it go, because you can’t hold it back anymore, and then turn away and slam the door’. Oops! I think I was just channelling my 3 year old granddaughter.

Anyway, I’ve decided that rather than keep things bottled up, I’m going to have a regular post where I can have a whinge about whatever has griped me of late and caused me to yell that dreadful ‘F’ word. Just get it out of my system. Because like a dose of food poisoning, it’s better out than in, right?

So I think it would be only fitting to call this regular Blog Spot after my favourite expletive…..

This was bought for me by someone who nick named me 'Fair Dinkum' because I said it so often.

And you thought I meant the other 'F' word, didn't you? Shame on you for thinking such a thing! In fact, the other 'F' word will be the subject of a future whinge.

But, my first whinge is about the cold. I hate the cold. And I doubly hate the cold these days because I have to go to Hydrotherapy twice a week and while it is lovely and warm in the water, it is freezing cold in the change rooms at 9am after you get out of the lovely warm water!

Last week, I shivered my way from the pool to the showers and jumped under the hot water as usual, then sat on the bench to try and dry my feet. Not an easy thing to do when the floor is really wet and just when I get them dry enough to start putting on clothes, I drop my undies on the floor which is covered in water!

Fair Dinkum, don't you hate that? It was either go without undies or put on wet ones. I opted for no undies. Thankfully I only have about a 10 minute drive home so didn't have to be uncomfortable for too long, but still, talk about freezing your butt off!

Think I'll take a spare pair along this week.

Cheers

Mare












No comments:

Post a Comment